Career Opportunity: Interventional Regenerative Orthopedic Physician
Seeking an experienced physician, who is U.S. Board Certified in Interventional Pain, Sports Medicine, or Physical Medicine and Rehab, for a full-time position at Regenexx Cayman in the Cayman Islands. The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Grand Cayman and will join a team of 25 Cayman-based staff.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, The Cayman Islands are a British Overseas Territory comprised of three islands – Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman. Stretching 22 miles long, and with a population of approximately 66,000, Grand Cayman is largest island. It is well-known for its safety, multiculturalism, and medical tourism industry.
Utilizing ultrasound and fluoroscopy, the physician must have excellent skills in image-guided procedures, including spine. Musculoskeletal diagnostic ultrasound expertise also required, along with Interventional Orthopedic Foundation course work. With the goal of reducing the need for steroids, NSAIDS, narcotics, and surgery, patients will be treated with various proprietary orthobiologic agents, including Regenexx-C (cultured stem cell treatment), prepared in our advanced laboratory. Regenexx Cayman is the exclusive provider of Regenexx-C and Regenexx stem cell banking. The successful candidate must learn all Regenexx-C and Regenexx stem cell banking protocols and receive additional training at both The Centeno-Schultz and Regenexx Cayman clinics. He/she must be eligible for licensure to practice in the Cayman Islands and obtain a work permit.
Applicants should be energetic, with superb leadership qualities and skills, and should be prepared to be an integral part of a growing practice. Should be comfortable with computers, business development, providing education seminars to both patients and other healthcare providers, and engaging with various media outlets.
An employee arrangement with base salary and productivity bonus structure offered with partnership options possible after 2 years. Retirement/pension, health, liability coverage, CME allowance, and vacation offered as part of the compensation package.
The workday will be limited to approximately 6-10 patient evaluations or procedures on a given day. This is a concierge type of environment, and our procedures are not covered by insurance. Patient mix ranges from competitive athletes to weekend warriors to active elderly.
- Fluent in English/working knowledge of Spanish would be advantageous
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in use of computer systems for data entry, communication, presentations, etc.
- Able to express ideas in an organized manner; adjusts language and terminology for different audiences
- Friendly and enjoys talking to people individually and in groups
- Excellent bedside manner
- Committed to creating a safe and enjoyable environment for patients and staff
- Comfortable with providing educational seminars and networking
- Able to work independently and in teams
- Able to effectively lead a team with humility and discipline
- Coachable and open to feedback and quality improvement