Dr. Andrew Blecher is the medical director of the Center for Rehabilitation Medicine at Southern California’s Orthopedic Institute (SCOI). He has been practicing medicine at SCOI for over 15 years and traveling to Grand Cayman to provide treatment at Regenexx Cayman for the past three years.
After obtaining his undergraduate degree from Williams College in Massachusetts, Dr. Blecher attended medical school at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston and medical residency at UCLA’s Family Medicine program at Kaiser Permanente in Los Angeles. He then completed a sports medicine fellowship at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Ohio.
Dr. Blecher has been recognized as one of the top physicians in Los Angeles by Los Angeles Magazine.
Board Certified in Sports Medicine as well an NCAA All-American and multi-sport athlete, Dr. Blecher is known as “The Jock Doc“. He specializes at providing athletes of all ages with medical orthopedic care, including sports physicals, sports training and rehabilitation programs, sport nutrition and supplementation advice, as well as regenerative medicine treatments for injuries. In addition, Dr. Blecher has a special interest in running injuries, athlete concussions, cartilage disorders, and athlete’s early arthritis. He has been part of the medical staff for several professional sports teams and associations.
Dr. Blecher Sports Statcard:
- Cleveland Browns (NFL)
- Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA)
- Cleveland Vikings (NCAA Division 1 soccer)
- Cleveland Vikings (NCAA Division 1 volleyball)
- Cleveland Vikings (NCAA Division 1 wrestling)
- Cleveland Indians – Spring Training (MLB)
- NFL Combine
- Gravity Games (multisport competition)
- ESPN (medical consultant)
- S. National Gymnastics Championships
- Kona Ironman Triathlon
- Los Angeles Summer X-Games (extreme sports)
- Los Angeles Women’s Tennis Championships (Women’s Tennis Association)
- National Summit on Sports Concussion
If you are interested in booking a consultation with Dr. Blecher, please contact us and the Regenexx Cayman patient care coordinators will be happy to assist you.